PODCAST

Thursday, March 28, 2019

La Princesa and the Pea

Fairytales are always a favorite with kids! I love that one of our Mockingbird books this year is about The Princess and the Pea. I was not as familiar with this fairytale which probably means a lot of students aren’t either. La Princesa and the Pea has a Spanish twist and has Spanish words trickled throughout it. Students can do ALL kinds of inferring and context clue hunts to find the meaning of the Spanish words. Thankfully a glossary was provided in the beginning pages of the book to help with definition and pronunciation. As a read aloud, pronunciation is important in this book. My two years of Spanish has helped me ONLY with pronunciation. But, that is about it. I remember NOTHING else! After reading this book to the students I add in a digital teaching tool by reminding our students about our digital library which has changed this year to Sora. We use Sora to read a classic version of The Princess and the Pea. Students were able to see how the stories are similar. The kids loved this book and if you get a chance to read it, you’ve got to check out la reina’s cat! So hilarious! I hope you enjoy it as much as us!

No comments:

Post a Comment