PODCAST

Friday, August 30, 2013

Scan Please!


In my attempt to go go digital with the kids on week one in the library, I'd say it was an overall success. I learned some typical new librarian lessons myself...but, the students seemed pretty psyched about getting to explore the library all whiile using an ipod touch.

I began the 4th-6th graders with a "prezi" introduction explaining who I am and a few important things they should know and remember about our new library. Then, they were given ten questions to answer and a location of a QR code that would reveal the answer. All were posted around the library. For instance, how many Bluebonnet Books are available to read for the 2013-2014 school year? They would then proceed to the Bluebonnet books in search of the QR Code and use the ipod QR Scanner App to reveal the answer. (Which is 20 Bluebonnet Books btw)

I received a lot of great feedback from the students and teachers! So hopefully the teachers can utilize this form of digital learning and perhaps even on a higher level when they get their highly anticipated 1:1 iPads. The kids are excited about the ipad initiative taking place on our campus for 4th-6th grade and hopefully the teachers are too!
Here are some pics of the Scavenger Hunt...












No comments:

Post a Comment